I love food.
I do.
Probably way too much.
When im done with lunch, one of the first things i think about is what im going to eat for dinner...
When we got back from all of the wedding stuff Garrett said he wanted to eat a stricter diet.
(not diet like, "i really wanna loose three pounds"(though i have lost 4! ha) watch video if you dont know what im talking about here. kind of diet, but you know, the diet that every one has as in the things you eat.)


Me being the person i am, didn't want to be left out!
So we decided to do it together.
Our "diet" was/is this:

no sugar. no gluten. not meat. no dairy.

I love sweets. I love bread. I dont really eat meat. I didn't realize that I like cheese.
So instead, we have been eating a lot of fruit, salads, beans, and veggies.
I get made fun of every day at work for eating an apple and almonds for lunch and have been the target of treat giving lately. (They're trying to publicly break me.)
Basically, people think we are crazy.
BUT i will say that we have cheated a tad....
Holidays (Thanksgiving we went crazy) and special occasions like the watching of The Muppets Christmas Carol. (You just have to do some things the right way.) And small events here and there.
When we cheat, its usually with sugar. It is my archenemy.
But for the most part we are trying really hard to be good!
(even with my recently constant cravings for Dr. pepper and sour straws)

I am starting to really enjoy this diet and how much better I feel.
We have been able to experiment with different kinds of food, because seriously, you dont realize how often you use certain things like a little bit of butter here and a little bit of cheese there. Or how many things have gluten in them, until you cant have that stuff.

I was blog lovin the other day and stumbled upon Wolf and Willow. For the month of December she's doing this Sexy Sugar Free Vegan Project and posting recipes every day!
I also follow Going Home to Roost and she did the vegan thing and cut out gluten.
(and talked about her wolf and willow's eating habits today on her blog.)
She also posts "dinner ideas" which have some really good things on them.

Basically, what im trying to say is; it is nice to know there are others out there doing some of the same things and posting delicious recipes for the rest of us.
We're not doing anything here that no one has done before. In fact I know tons of people who have these kinds of eating habits.
No, we're not becoming health nuts or anything like that, and we wont force you to eat what we eat.
We're just eating better and feeling better while we do it!
And i will say one more thing.
I dont know if its the incredibly comfortable bed my family got us or the change in our eating habits, but I have been sleeping the best I have ever slept. Seriously.
Like a rock.