Sometimes (and when i say sometimes i mean almost every day) weird things happen to me. Like, things that you think only happen in movies.
For example, today i had one of these experiences.
I was on campus, just walking to the library from the the Hart-ish building area. There was a girl in a wheel chair who looked like she was having a hard time. Me, feeling bad for her, decided to ask if she needed help. she was going up hill so i figured id just give her a little push. I asked if she needed help and she said yes. So i thought, cool, i get to do my service for the day. I asked her where she was going and she said to the Hinckley building. Ok, normally this would be no big deal. And it really wasnt. But, it kind of was...haha. Let me explain. I dont think i have ever pushed any one in a wheel chair until today. (expect for the few exceptions when we would play in the wheel chairs at the lion house, but that was just for fun and on a flat surface.) Let alone push them up hill. I did not realize how hard it was! I tried talking to her while pushing her up the hill, in 65 degree weather (which is HOT for Rexburg) while trying to breath. It was hard. But it felt good. The sun was shining, i was getting a work out, i was helping someone out. It was great. I only said a few awkward things like "you should consider getting an electric wheel chair." Any way. Long story short. I pushed her, what seemed to be a long way up the hill and when i got to the top where her destination was she stood up, folded the wheel chair up and said "thanks for the push."  I am pretty sure i stood there for a good ten seconds with a dumbfounded face. I think she could tell i was confused because she then explained that for one of her classes she had to have a disability for a day such as going blind, deaf, or being in a wheel chair. She said something to the effect of "didnt i tell you earlier?" And in response to her question, no she failed to mention that. Now, I am not complaing that I helped her and pushed her all the way up the hill.I am so glad i was able to help her. Im just saying, it was an odd feeling when i was finished. like she had cheated me or something.
Anyway. Service is great. "Service involves us in a process of growth. We learn how to be effective servants step by step over time, even as the mortal Savior’s youthful development was described as grace upon grace." I am glad i got to help her up the hill.