i like to play.
no, in fact
i loooove to play.
im sure like most people, 
id rather play than do anything else.
every semester i feel bad for my roommates because they get to constantly hear me say
"wanna play?"
"Can some one play with me?"
"I JUST WANT TO PLAY!"
you know, things of that nature.
(i will blame this on my family and the fact that we played/play so much)
sometimes i feel bad that i want to play so much.
like its not normal or something.
luckily i have some really great people in my life who love to play as much as i do.
yesterday i had a really good conversation with a friend about play.
and then i found this TED video on the same subject.
Stuart Brown is a pioneer in research on play.
he made some, what i consider, valid points in my mind.


"Nothing lights up the brain like play. Three-dimensional play fires up the cerebellum, puts a lot of impulses into the frontal lobe -- the executive portion -- helps contextual memory be developed, and -- and, and, and."


"The opposite of play is not work, it's depression. And I think if you think about life without play -- no humor, no flirtation, no movies, no games, no fantasy and, and, and. Try and imagine a culture or a life, adult or otherwise without play. And the thing that's so unique about our species is that we're really designed to play through our whole lifetime. "

Soooo...
wanna play?