Remember when growing up actually sounded like fun? And don't get me wrong, there are still some aspects of growing up that I consider fun. Like having your own house, a dog or two (or three...) being able to paint rooms any color you want, etc. But boy, nobody told me about this part of growing up.
The anticipation that life will go the way you planed part. I didn't realize that in high school when I was sitting at graduation and listening to all of the speeches and getting pumped thinking "Yes! You are right Miss Valedictorian, the world is sparkly and full of opportunities! I will go find these opportunities!" This is true, but it doesn't work how I thought it would. I assumed the good grades, the perfect job, the most amazing friends ever who appreciate you, the excitement of finally having freedom, etc would just come to me. I mean, I graduated high school. I was grown up! Right?
Wrong.
I have learned to not expect things. Failing is a major part of growing up. I have to work for everything I get. And I have to work hard.  I fail a lot, but that's OK.
NOW, I am not complaining. I am really happy with the cards I have been dealt. I am just stating that I, like the Ataris, have discovered that "Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up. These are the best days of our lives. The only thing that matters is just following your heart, And eventually you'll finally get it right."
As long as I continue to do what I know is right, I will continue to be happy and the Lord knows what is going on even when I don't. And though life is tough some times, well, that's life and I am tougher.